Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Years Accidental Resolution

I had no idea things from Polyvore were sent here! I've been posting on accident but it still hasn't been a lot. This blog gets no love but maybe that will change with the new year... I've got a lot of things that I'll be able to write about coming soon. Sneak Peak: I'm having a BABY! That's the biggest one. But before that...

The number one thing that has been on my mind since just before the new year is the 100 Things Challenge, originally created by Dave Bruno. I can't even recall how I found his site, or maybe someone else's writing about it, but it immediately caught my eye. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since! The only thing that has helped has been... well... to try & get my possessions below 100!

This seems like a perfect New Years Resolution: Gala Darling even had simplifying as one of hers for "Bad Girls and Geniuses". But it was all so serendipitous! I had, before finding this challenge, no intention of having a resolution at all. It seems like it was meant to be...

I recently moved in with my boyfriend and this helped a lot in chopping down the number of things I have. Already I had left a lot at my mom's house, & so most of that was taken to donate on Thursday. That included three trash bags of clothes (& shoes! No!) and several boxes. There's still a little more to sort through there before I am officially finished & officially at 100 things.
Here you can see my "wear out" clothes (not PJs or workout), jewelry, hats and a couple boxes of mystery items...
The bottom doesn't have much except my now empty hangers, backpack, diaper bag, suitcase & 4 shoes (plus bags of stored clothes waiting for a final decision)

I've got about 30 pieces of clothing now, just to wear out, and already getting dressed has become way quicker & more enjoyable these last several days (I did the major cleaning on Wednesday, 1/2/13). I've actually started to wear MORE jewelry than before, because I have all the pieces out & they are ones that I truly like. I've noticed my wardrobe is basically black with several brighter pieces in pink, green & teal. I have a way better idea of my style now, and this will help me avoid purchases and also make the few I might make much more valuable. Even though I am almost 6 months pregnant I haven't had to change my wardrobe too much so far which helps a lot; we'll see what changes I need to make in the coming months.

After I sort through the rest of my things at my mom's house & make my final choices, I'll put my own list right here. I really like reading other people's even though it's a little voyeuristic...

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment