Sunday, October 5, 2014

I'm back!

As my last post suggested, yes, I took a biiig hiatus. And a lot has changed since then! To avoid further confusion, here's the basics -
  • Julian is 1 1/2 years old now, walking and even talking! Expect to see more of that soon ;)
  • On October 2nd I moved into my own apartment, and I couldn't be more excited! I will be writing lots of decorating, DIY and food posts once I get settled in. 
  • I've changed a LOT about my appearance, and I couldn't be happier or more comfortable in my own skin. I dyed my hair, re-gauged my ears (they were like 00's in highschool), and have two tattoos now. This year is apparently an enormous time for change in my life but I haven't been this happy in years! 
  • I've re-focused on modeling and have completed several photo shoots this year. They just keep getting better and better! You should definitely check me out on Facebook or Instagram (lilyaurora9) to support my art :) I would greatly appreciate it!!! 
  • Julian's father and I split up. Yes, that's it, and that's all I'm going to say on it.
  • I do have a new boyfriend, my longtime friend, Seb. And again, that's pretty much all I'm going to say about it.
  • Overall I've been working my ass off but still managing to stay positive and pursue my other goals, and I plan on writing extensively on how I manage to stay sane (well, at least pretend that I am).
I've spent three nights in my new apartment so far. I absolutely love it! The inside is so cute and the neighborhood is great too. It's still a huge mess, but here are a few spots I've got set up so far:

 This is just a little shelf with my little doo-dads, and a bit of an altar to keep me grounded :) The Lucky Cat and jade Buddha were birthday gifts from my man. Everything else is a mix of gifts and random stuff from the thrift store or made by me.

 I don't have space for a coffee maker so I got this french press from Ikea. I bought this tea kettle from the thrift store, and got another second hand (not pictured). Both of these mugs were also second hand :) I was really lucky and haven't actually bought very much because I know so many generous folks!

 A little art for my wall: A puzzle, Julian, flowers, and my Grandmother when she was younger, and a poster blown up from my own painting from high school.
This is seriously how much counter space I have :/ There's a bar across from this, but it has plants and some other stuff, not really the size for appliances. I covered half of the stove tops, put my dish rack in the left hand sink, and had to place my microwave sideways to fit it in. It works but I definitely need to be careful in my organization. Each side is barely a foot wide.

I really want to get back into posting regularly, and posting thoughtful, helpful ideas instead of just journaling. The more I get settled here the easier that will be!

Thanks for reading,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment