Thursday, January 8, 2015

Taking My Own Advice

So the post before last was a little about moving and a lot more about considering switching my current career path. And while I haven't signed up for cosmetology school, I have made a huge change that hopefully will open a lot of doors for me. I left my job.

Now I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but it really is a choice that I'm happy about. Obviously I am making less money, but with my job on the weekend and money that I've saved up, I'm not too worried at the moment. I've also cut down on a lot of my expenses, which helps immensely.

Sooo many things are changing at this time of the year, and it's all coming together quite serendipitously to allow me some freedom to pursue more fantastical dreams of mine. Alongside having my weekdays free now, I have begun splitting responsibilities for my little Biscuit with his father. Having Julian out of the house has been extremely strange and also breathtakingly freeing. It just started at the New Year but I've already gotten so much done.

That post all about cosmetology school had the right thought behind it, it had heart, but it didn't really have my heart. Yeah, I like doing hair, but just my own because I'm just a DIY kind of person. When I'm truly honest with myself and attuned to my higher self and my intuition, what really comes forth is a desire to create a really fabulous vintage boutique, online or otherwise, and also create wonderful things from secret treasure-junk I find second hand. (If this post is written a little weird, it's because I'm in quite a mood and it's very late at night. Bear with me!)

"Treasure-junk", noun. Weird, old, broken or otherwise unwanted items, which when looked at with an open and creative mind, reveal themselves to be priceless objects with almost limitless possibilities.

So... yeah. In a nutshell, I'm really focusing on my own creativity and entrepreneurship right now. I'm booking modeling jobs daily, trying to get funding for my Etsy shop through Kickstarter (link when it's all finalized) and making stuff to sell or for modeling costumes. Basically since I don't have a job, this better fucking work before I find myself desperate for another job that I won't love.

Like his Holiness Tyler Durden once said, "It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything."

Ok, at least the first part is true so far. Let's hope the second part works out half as well.

Yours in midnight weirdness,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment