Monday, January 21, 2013

Bobble Baby Blankie!

I love making things, so naturally this has kicked in even more as I'm "nesting" for my baby now. I've got a nice queue on Ravelry and a whole board on Pinterest just for things to make for him. My first & biggest project is a crochet blanket. I found the design from Pinterest and immediately fell in love.

 This was the image I first saw on Pinterest.
 

It looked really complicated but the pattern is actually really easy - just extremely repetitive (& boring! Crocheting always puts me to sleep). Each row kind of takes a while but at least my blanket will be small because it's for a baby! I'm not doing it exactly like the pattern, I'm carrying the yarn from each row since I'm only using three colors. It's twisting on itself & I'm hoping that stops as I go on; it was already less after the second row. I just started a couple days ago & here's my progress so far...

I've only got two rows but like I said each one takes at least an hour or so. It's already getting a little faster as I get more practice so hopefully I'll actually finish before the baby is born :)


I've had these three colors lying around for a long time waiting for a good blanket pattern. They're all "I Love This Yarn" which was from an old neighbor. I think I'll have some left over to make some matching hats or booties.

 Wish me luck finishing this blanket! Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment