Friday, April 5, 2013

Bobble Blanket: He'll use it when he's twenty....

In other words, this blanket is no where near being done, and I'm less than two weeks away from delivering this baby!

I'll just get straight to the point. I have not worked on this thing half as much as I should have been. I started on January 18th, and now it is almost three months later. I don't know how long it took the original maker to finish a whole blanket, but I thought this would be much faster as it is baby sized. Boy, was I wrong...

BUT all is not lost. I haven't given up on this blanket. I've got at least a third done. I just hope I have enough yarn to finish it! I'd hate to have to add some weird colors at the end. But maybe I could find these colors somewhere... Now that I've started my maternity leave I've had more time and have been working every day for the past week.

I had two rows in my first post about it... now I think it's around 16? 

I can get about a row done each day without driving myself insane. So that means I ought to have at least 10 more rows by April 16th, which is my due date. Since I made the original length for a toddler and not a newborn, I'm not too terribly disappointed. He'll still be able to use it for a long time. 
 I actually didn't have a pattern in mind when I began... but a pretty nice one made it's way out!

Here's my big 38 week belly. When I started this blanket I still fit into my normal jeans!


In my last post I said "Wish me luck," but I guess nobody did! Or maybe my procrastination is just too strong for the powers of wishes. Anyway, I don't need it anymore, because I'm going to go work on it right after posting this!

No comments:

Post a Comment