Tuesday, November 12, 2013

With Teeth

I saw an old acquaintance from  high school yesterday and we got a chance to talk and catch up. Of course a big part of that was talking about Julian, and I got the usual question, "Is it hard being a mom?" I really haven't found it this way. Julian is so relaxed and does great playing and hanging out by himself, giving me a chance to take care of myself. Even teething, supposedly a very tough time for babies, went smoothly for him.

Yesterday morning Julian woke up with two new teeth. Another top tooth looks like it will pop out soon. Over the past week, he hasn't been screaming and has slept relatively well, despite his tooth pain. He's just been a little grumpier than usual, but that was easily handled just by playing with him more and giving him a little medicine.

I am both proud and scared of how quickly Julian seems to be growing. The other day he actually grabbed onto the coffee table and pulled himself up to a standing position! We both literally screamed. He wobbled for about half a second before taking a little tumble back down. After that incident I had to put some corner bumpers on it :)

I don't have any pictures for this post, but I'll keep my camera out and have something ready for ya'll next time. Thanks for still checking in here even though I stopped writing for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment