Thursday, June 16, 2011

A few very Girly Things and Summer Determination

So, because it is summer, and I am  in many ways a lazy American teenager, most summers of mine have been wasted away with 14 hours of sleep (I'm not kidding, I can sleep forever), TV/Computer use, and general vegging out. This summer I have declared no! I'm waking up at 8, jogging, doing craft projects, reading, and other self-enriching activities.
n

It's been going pretty well. It really hasn't been summer vacation very long, so I'd say in that time I've gotten a lot done compared to previous summers. School ended June 6 and today is June 16... Wow! Exactly 10 days of summer. It literally feels like it's been weeks! That's very crazy to me... I'm a little boggled right now! Give me a minute to compose myself...

Ok, I'm back, and ready for action. I spent most of yesterday embroidering while glued to America's Next Top Model, very excited because they ere showing the season with Creepy-Chan! That show and Dual Survival are my favorite veg-out-and-craft shows. Plus classic cartoons! I haven't figured out the schedule for good cartoons yet (just got cable again), but when I do (Here I come, Saturday Morning!) I'll be there with my breakfast and embroidery project.
As I said before, I'm also trying to learn Japanese. The past few days I haven't got any in, but today I'll get back on track.

Here is the little project I was able to finish yesterday. It was just something cute and simple to practice my technique before doing my serious projects later.
How cute is this? I used a random picture I found online after searching "kawaii" (yeah, it's perfect for finding simple, cute drawings). There were other pieces like an icecream cone but I liked these 3 the best. I traced the design from my computer screen then onto fabric using my window (tape it to the window). I did french knots here for the first time, as little decoration on the sides and as some of the eyes. They are fun! I think the left cherry came out creepy though... The smile wouldn't curve right, and the eyes were too big for the face. I should have just used normal stitches.
I want this Hello Kitty to be entirely French knots! It will take a long time, but I think it will turn out really fabulously. Again, this stuff was just as a practice because I hadn't embroidered in some time. For this HK and other bigger projects I want to take progress photos. Right now she looks like she's trying to be Santa.
These are several designs I want to do. You can see the HK and kawaii foods. On top is a little rat. I want to embroider this picture of my Octo sleeping. I'm going to use the rat on the left. The heart is an anatomical medical drawing from an old Gray's Anatomy book. I originally drew this when I was like 12 and now want to refresh it. My puddin' gave me the idea to do it on a hoodie in red but I don't have the resources to transfer the design onto it. I'll have to find an easier way or just try and re-draw it. 
 This is the last design. My dad really likes motorcycles, I grew up with a big biker community in Austin, they were like a second family. I know father's day is almost here but I'm taking longer to make it because I won't see my dad until the 27th, when I visit him in Texas. It WILL be done by then!

I need to find a frame for the father's day piece and the kawaii piece, and I guess for HK too. I think the heart on a hoodie would be sooo awesome so I need to do some research for doing it cheaply.


Thank for reading!
xo

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment