Monday, June 20, 2011

Etsy & Embroidery! Plus...

Here is the status of my Hello Kitty: This is 4 days after starting, I think I worked on it about 3 of those days. It's not much progress, but I guess I'm almost half way done! I can't wait for the bow, I think it will be so adorable.

You can see my current manicure: Cherry blossoms inspired by the Arizona Tea can. I saw this design a couple weeks ago done by several different artists and I had to do it as soon as I could. It's on my toes too!

Since I'm on the subject, here is the manicure I had before this one. This was my first attempt at a newspaper transfer. I didn't have a nude color so I used a sort of mauve color and I think it looks really great. I used a comic picture for my thumbs. I'm surprised that no one has ever used the funny pages before, at least not that I've seen.
Today, while watching the 1st part of the second Godfather movie, I began my father's day present. It seriously took the entire movie just to do this! Hopefully I can get it done in one week... That's when I see my dad! My puddin' is also meeting my father's side of the family for the first time then so I don't want to mess anything up!
I also added a new listing to my etsy, some super creepy-but-cute Zombie Brain Taper Gauge. I'm wearing them right now! The cupcake icing from my cupcake gauges broke off of one so I am going to remake those, and in their place I made these.
This is my first time painting the clay like this, or at all. Usually I just leave it as it is but I love how this came out and I will experiment with painting more in the future.

Thanks for reading!
Love,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment