Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Julian's First Trip, pt. 1

I just got back from Texas yesterday, and I'm already missing my family and Austin, especially the weather. Surprisingly, the weather here is actually 20 degrees hotter, which is really unusual, but Austin was a nice retreat from the heat. Seeing my family and how much they love Julian warmed my heart and made me so proud. I was able to see him from a very different way since everyone else was playing "Pass the Baby" the whole time. I didn't take a lot of pictures myself but hopefully soon I will be able to get a copy of the 100+ that my sister took!

 This tiny baby had the whole bed to himself for naps, plus he got to share with me at night! 

 When I came back after he woke up, I found that dog knocked off onto the floor.

I was nervous to fly with Julian for our first time, but as always, he was great. On both flights there were other babies crying, but Julian slept almost the entire time. I did get some help on both flights from some very nice seat-mates, and so here's a thanks to you two, wherever you are! 

 Us on the way home, just before takeoff.

Hopefully soon I will be able to return to see the rest of my family, which means I'll probably have to go to Dallas. Too bad it's not as nice as Austin ;) I want to take advantage of the free ticket Julian can get before he turns two. 

I also filmed some of my packing and my thoughts about flying with a baby for the first time. I hope that what I learned from this trip can help some other moms later on. Look out for that video coming soon!

Thanks again for reading,
Much Love

Lily


No comments:

Post a Comment