Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What I Made

Last year I made a scarf that, well... came out pretty horrible. I made it lengthwise so it came out too long and too thin. Plus it was just a plain double crochet throughout and it was really boring. So before fall and winter comes back I'm remaking the scarf, and here it is so far:

 It's about a foot long already. I undid the scarf from last year and am reusing the yarn. This pattern shows off the colors so much better. I can't remember the name of this yarn but it's soft and kind of unraveled.
 Here's the pattern up close. It is a basket-weave stitch that I found from this YouTube video.
It's really simple but creates an interesting pattern. The scarf is turning out very plush and I know it will be cozy and warm for the tough Colorado winters.

In other news, Julian is now able to sit up with only a little help!  He's growing so big and strong at just 4 months old. He can stand too while you only need to hold his arms to help him balance. He hates tummy time but loves standing so I really think he'll be walking before he can crawl!


Well, either way it will happen before we know it. He's so precious right now, chubby and laughing but not really able to do a lot... He's the perfect image of a baby. Julian is just now acting interested in food. He doesn't want to eat it but when I sit him on my lap he tries to grab my plate or bowl. Two weeks ago he grabbed my bowl of oatmeal and completely jammed his hand inside! He ended up covered in oatmeal, it was hilarious. He ate some banana straight off of the one I was eating just the other day! It's so exciting and fascinating to watch all the changes and growth he is going through every day. I love this kid so much!

Well thanks again for reading and keeping up with things, hopefully I will have another video up soon!

Have a great night, goodnight!!
Lily


No comments:

Post a Comment